What is AutoCAD?
It is a commercial computer added design and drafting software. AutoCAD is a common and highly advanced software for drafting and drawing. AutoCAD has used as own requirement AutoCAD architecture, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Map 3D, AutoCAD Mechanical, MEP, Pant 3D, Raster Design.
Some additional tools generate in architecture view standard 2D drawings, such as elevations and sections, from a 3D architectural model. Similarly, in civil project like bridges, flyover, dams support data-specific objects facilitating easy standard civil engineering calculations and representations. AutoCAD is also widely used in all industries like, fashion designing, mechanical auto industries and all other companies used AutoCAD to design own newly product before its launch.
It is use to create new design of part of product inviting the range of industries. AutoCAD offers users to test and learn more about existing or new products and parts. CAD is mainly used for the creation of detailed surface models or 2D vector or 3D solids drawing. CAD allows designer to create the model and simulate the entire object much faster and without the physical prototype render. In additional CAD allows for use of all the standard symbol required for technical drawing and schematics models. CAD software is now available into almost every educational program for example engineering architecture, electrical, mechanical designing. CAD is being widely used in every product designing sector compony for example auto parts designing, drawing of buildings, fashion designing, automobile models, jewellery and lot more. AutoCAD system speed the design process and offers greater accuracy less error.
Auto CAD and AutoCAD LT are available at worldwide in international languages for English, French, Russian, German, Spanish, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Chinese Traditional, Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Hungarian.
Autodesk provide 3 variants of AutoCAD
- AutoCAD LT
- AutoCAD 360
- AutoCAD Student
1. AutoCAD LT
AutoCAD LT is the limited version of AutoCAD, with reduced capabilities at low cost. Autodesk developed AutoCAD LT to have an entry-level CAD package in the lower price level. It was marketing by Autodesk and also available in Autodesk authorised software stores unlike the full version of AutoCAD, which must be purchased from official Autodesk dealers.
Both AutoCAD vs AutoCAD LT are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the significant Difference Between AutoCAD vs AutoCAD LT:
- 3D Capabilities: AutoCAD LT has not the ability to create, visualize and render 3D models. Only use for 2D drafting.
- Available only for single user interface, while Full AutoCAD is for single user as well as multi-user over a network.
- AutoCAD LT does not support customization with LISP, ARX, .NET and VBA.
- AutoCAD LT doesn’t support management and automation ability with Sheet Set Manager and Action Recorder while AutoCAD does support them.
- AutoCAD standards management access specialised toolsets for architecture, mechanical design, electrical design and more But AutoCAD LT dose not.
System Requirements for Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2020
Before you trying to install Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2020 download, make sure your PC meets minimum system requirements.
- Operating System: Should be macOS Mojave v10.14.0 or later; High Sierra v10.13.0 or later / Windows 7 or higher (64-bit Only)
- Memory (RAM): Basic: 8 GB / Recommended: 16 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 6 GB of free space required.
- Processor: Basic: 2.5–2.9 GHz / Recommended: 3+ GHz
- Display Card: Basic: 1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX11 compliant (Recommended: 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX11 compliant)
2. AutoCAD 360
AutoCAD 360 is an mobile and web application enabling for registered users. In this software user can view, edit, and share AutoCAD files via mobile device and web. But in it using a limited AutoCAD feature set and using cloud-stored drawing files. The program is available via download at no cost from the App Store (iOS), Google Play (Android). Upload and open 2D DWG drawing and view all aspects of your DWG fie, including external references(xrefs), layers, and image underlays. Extend your workflow across platforms, easily access data and drawings from your desktop, web browser, and mobile device. AutoCAD360 includes new features such as a “Smart Pen” mode and linking to third-party cloud-based storage such as Dropbox.
In 2011, Autodesk announced plans to migrate the majority of its software to “the cloud”, starting with the AutoCAD WS mobile application.
– It helps to view and edit .dwg files from device storage, or external cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive
– Create new drawings on the fly
– CAD editor – Modify and mark-up drawings
– Import values from Leica DISTO
– Maximum 2D drawing tools available such as line, circle, arc, offset, trim and more
– Select, move, rotate, and scale objects. View coordinates and properties
– You can perform work in offline but before close the application you must be online
– Plot designs to PDF or DWF
– All using layers shows also you can create new layers, rename or delete it
– Used ready-med blocks- Move and duplicate existing blocks
– With this use your work will more influents in the site by working with the latest and updated drawings
– Safe and secure your drawings in your free Autodesk account.
– Collaborate better to avoid mistakes and re-work
– No more requiremen blueprints at construction sites with drawings available in digital form on your mobile / tablet.
3. AutoCAD Student / commercial
AutoCAD is available for free to students and educational institutions, with a 3year renewable license for education purpose by “Autodesk”. The student version and commercial version of AutoCAD have same feature. But DWG files created or edited by a student version have an internal bit-flag set the “educational flag” on output includes a plot stamp/banner on all four sides. Drawing created in the Student Version cannot be used for commercial purpose. And if you are open a file in student version and file is created in commercial version then before open application ask to rename that file.
System Requirements for Autodesk AutoCAD 2020 Bit64
Before you start Autodesk AutoCAD 2020 Bit64 install in your PC/Laptop, make sure your PC/Laptop meets minimum system requirements.
- Operating System: Windows 7 / 8 /10 or 10+
- Memory (RAM): Basic: 8 GB (Recommended: 16 GB)
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB of free space minimum required.
- Processor: Basic: 2.5–2.9 GHz processor (Recommended: 3+ GHz)
- Display Card: Basic: 1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant (Recommended: 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant)
- Create and edit 2D geometry and 3D models with solids, surfaces, and mesh objects.
- Annotate drawings with text, dimensions, leaders, and tables.
- Customize the ribbon and tool palettes.
- Customize with add-on apps and APIs.
- Extract object data to tables.
- Attach and import data from PDF files.
- 3D modelling and visualisation
- Section planes – Create section planes (plan, elevation, side view) to display cross-sectional views through solids, surfaces, meshes, or regions.
- Solid, surface and mesh modelling – Create realistic 3D models of your design for simulating using a combination of solid, surface and mesh modelling tools.
- Model documentation – Generate 2D drawings, including base, projected, section and detail views from 3D models.
- Point clouds – Attach point cloud files acquired by 3D laser scanners or other technologies to use as a starting point for your designs.
- Visual styles – Apply visual styles to control the display of edges, lighting and shading of your 3D model.
- 3D navigation (orbit, View Cube, wheel) – Use 3D viewing and navigation tools to orbit, swivel, walk and fly around a 3D model to showcase your design.
- Rendering – Apply lighting and materials to give your 3D models a realistic appearance and to help communicate your designs.
- Cloud rendering – Render 3D models online without consuming processing power or disk space on your local computer.
Some Additional Features
AutoCAD web app -This is account based feature for registered user, they can view, edit and also create a new CAD drawings from any device through the browser
AutoCAD mobile app – This is also account based feature for registered user, they can view, edit and also create a new CAD drawings on your mobile or tablet.
Save to web and mobile – With the help of above both feature user can alsoview and edit the saved drawings from your laptop /desktop.
AutoCAD export in many format file which supports a number of applications that used by different industries for customization and automation. The extension file in CAD Standard Files – DIM, LAS, LIN, MLN, NFL, PAT and drawing files – DST – Drawing Sheet Set file (SHEETSET command), DS$ – Autosave, DWF – Drawing Web file, DWS – Drawing Standards file, CHX – Batch Standards Checker file, DWT – Drawing Template file, DXB – Drawing Interchange Binary file These include Auto LISP – FAS, LSP, MNL, VLX, DCL, DCE , Visual LISP, VBA, .NET and ObjectARX. ObjectARX file extension is a C++ class library, which was also the base for:
- products extending AutoCAD functionality to specific fields
- creating products such as AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Civil 3D
- third-party AutoCAD-based application
There are a large number of AutoCAD plugins (add-on applications) available on the application store Autodesk Exchange Apps. AutoCAD’s .DXF file, drawing exchange format, allows importing and exporting drawing information.