BUILDING INFORMATION MODELING (BIM)
Collaboration between different function related to building constructing industry and architecture engineering is achieved by combining all these data by the help of modeling instruction operation and maintenance. Building Information Modelling (BIM) is the process of creating and managing 3D building data during its development. BIM is a complex multiphase process that gathers input from team members to model the components for these “REVIT(AutoDesk)” is best option.
What is Autodesk Revit?
Autodesk Revit is a robust modelling and rendering software based on building information Modelling (BIM). Revit Software is available in various versions such as: Revit Architecture, Revit MEP (Mechanical, electrical, plumbing engineers) and also Revit Structure as well as in the Architecture, Engineering & Construction Industry Collection to collaborative design process. The tools and features that make up Revit are specifically designed to support 4D BIM and supervision of building from drawing to construction and later maintenance and/or demolition. Revit allows to user to designs a building structure and its components in 3D model, with 2D drafting of building elements. Revit is able to collect dynamic information in intelligent models allowing complex building structures to be efficiently designed and output in short interval. In Revit if we made changes in one part of the model to be automatically generate to other parts, in elevation section, plan, thus enhancing the work efficiency of REVIT user and save time.
Revit categories 3 – types of elements also called families in projects. The family contains the geometric definition of the element and the parameters used by the element. Each instance of an element is defined and controlled by the family. Autodesk Revit divided the work space into project and families.
- System Families / Architectural – In this group we madewhich families that are main component of buildings and buil inside a project such as walls, floors, roofs and ceilings etc.
- Loadable families – Loadable families means which are built separately from the project and loaded into a project where they are use.
- In-Place Families – these families are similalry to loadable families, they are built in-situ within a project.
Features of REVIT
Autodesk Revit software offer to single single platform where all team members of BIM project, architects, engineers and construction professionals can create an information-rich models to establish BIM workflows. All team member collaborating effectively to deliver high quality projects on time with minimal to no errors. Revit has lots of features and these are categories into four part on the basis of their workflow –
Architectural design (Visual effect), Structural design (Durability and Strength), MEP (mechanical, Wiring, plumbing), and construction.
1. Architectural design
- User can create a model freeform with creative mind as they can think (like sketch in paper) quickly and efficiently and also create 3D massing studies.
- Analyse building performance with centralised access to performance data and advanced analysis engines.
- Revit provide architectural elements inside to software and other addon which helps adding architectural element such as door, windows, walls to the building model. Quickly create and modify multistory buildings by connecting stairs to the levels in your project.
- Directly connect the laser scans to the BIM process to author an as-built model.
- User can easily and quickly explore drawing into 3D visual to validate and communicate designs. Render own model quickly and accurately with Raytracer rendering option. Produce photorealistic visualisations without tying up your desktop or using special rendering hardware.
2. Structural engineering
- Using Revit, structural engineer can create a physical model for co-ordination and documentation, and real-world experience using a BIM workflow to build high-impact 3D model / analytical model for structural analysis.
- With Revit user can draw 3D reinforcement design using for casting the building and visualise the building in real-world precast concrete structures.
- Due to interconnection between Advance steel and Revit user create higher level of detailing of steel connections.
- A recently added tools in Revit By AuoDesk Dynamo. With help of Dynamo structural engineers build structures using detailers tools with minimal energy and make their own design tools.
3. MEP engineering
Mechanical – Design complex mechanical part of work like duct and pipe.
Electrical – Design electrical model system electric wiring, and load distribution.
Plumbing – Create sanitary plumbing systems with sloped piping and layout piping systems to design and document intent.
Prepare the sheet sets and generate output to help site engineer for supervision of fabrication, contractors derive construction insight from design models. Provide the detail necessary to meet the requirements of construction teams. Directly co-ordinate with project team members even who use different software/tools with the help of Navisworks co-ordination model.
Revit autogenerate the project report, and changes also automatically update with changes. User can generate documentation output efficiently of multimaterials design using CAM export. Document model layout more effectively. Document, schedule and tag fabrication elements. By using the design to fabrication tool to convert design-level model elements to construction level-of-detail elements.
The process to generate the documents for construction site that builders and engineers use.
- First prepare the drawings of the project model
- Annotate means show the dimensions and parts name on drawings
- Create the construction project schedules
- Add the all details such as MEP details
- Review the Sheets
- Share the Construction Documents with Management team
- Track Revisions.
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
- RAM Memory: Basically – 16 GB RAM (Recommended 32 GB RAM)
- Display Card: DirectX 11 capable graphics card with Shader Model 5
- CPU Type: Multi-Core Intel Xeon / i-Series i5+ processor.
What is use of Autodesk Revit?
The Revit is help to collaborating for review, for construction (use Navisworks and BIM 360) with Revit models.Use of Revit with Navisworks you can check the conflict and reduce the risk factor on construction site. Also you can incorporate existing CAD files into Autodesk Revit software to delivers an information – rich model and its feature set of tools to architects, engineers and contractors that allows users to easily co-ordinate even the most complex of construction projects, produce high quality construction and engineering documentation and quickly assess and deliver construction and engineering project changes under budget and ahead of schedule.